09 April 2008
Adjusting...
There is something in my life right now that I'm trying to change. I'm trying to change my attitude with regards to something but it's soo hard! I'm conscious of what I'm feeling, but I don't know how to change it...or even if I should change it. I'm a very kind hearted person. I am the ultimate people-pleaser. So when I try to stick up for myself or to guard myself it is really hard for me to do. So right now I'm in a quandry. I know in order to change the thing that I'm trying to change that the only thing that I can change is how I react to a situation. I don't have control of anyone else. But also I need to learn how to also guard my heart and stand up for myself without allowing others to walk all over me. I know this must sound very confusing with not going into specifics of the exact situation that I am referring to. So... that's what I've been trying to do lately. If you want more specifics of what I'm talking about email me. :)
Quote of the Week
"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
No comments:
Post a Comment