21 January 2008

Standing Up For Myself

For my whole life I have had a very hard time with standing up for myself. Normally I would just sit and take everything that someone would give me and I would bend over backwards to keep them happy. I hated it when people were upset with me. I am the ultimate people-pleaser. I've been known for letting people walk right over me. Lately I have been tired of being such a pushover. I've been trying to find ways to assert myself better; to stick up for myself when I am being mistreated. Right now there are two individuals in my life who I am having a hard time sticking up for myself with. I'm finally to the point where I'm sick of letting things go on as they have been; so I've become more vocal with regards to the situation. Only, I'm not positive the way I'm going about it is the right way. But at least I'm getting to the point where enough is enough...and hopefully I'll learn soon of the proper way to stick up for myself. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Cindy!

You are doing awesome, I am sure. Just be assertive and tell them what you feel and do the best for YOURSELF and your hubby! It will get better...

I really like your blog, by the way. You are doing awesome at keeping up with posting!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I don't ever seem to be able to find the time anymore to do my blog. I hope you can keep up being assertive. Bottling things up inside can be dangerous and explosive later on.

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin