So I've decided to do some research on patience. I found a talk by President Monson that talked about patience. I really enjoyed it. Here are some highlights of the talk:
"Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required."
"Another who portrayed the virtue of patience was the Prophet Joseph Smith. After his supernal experience in the grove called Sacred, where the Father and the Son appeared to him, he was called upon to wait. At length, after Joseph suffered through over three years of derision for his beliefs, the angel Moroni appeared to him. And then more waiting and patience were required. Let us remember the counsel found in Isaiah: 'My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.'"(Isaiah 55:8-9).
(Thomas S. Monson, “Patience, a Heavenly Virtue,” Ensign, Sep 2002, 2–7)
There are a couple of areas of my life that is requiring me to have patience; things that I wished that I had control over, but I don't. But I know that the Lord knows who I am and what I'm going through, and that knowledge is helping me get through. Let us all learn this wonderful virtue...as hard as it may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment