26 April 2009

What I've Been Up To

Above is my latest project. I can't say who it's for yet. I know this picture is kind of fuzzy, but I LOVE the pattern. I'm hoping to also make a comforter for our bed out of it. That will be a HUGE project.

Yesterday I took Kevin's mom to Walmart to get a manicure. I got a pedicure for the first time ever. Wow! That was AWESOME!!! I'm trying to convince Kevin to get one too...believe me, if you could see his feet you would definately tell him he needs one!

About an hour and a half before church started I received a phone call from someone in the ward asking me to play the organ for Sacrament meeting. I've really wanted to play the organ for awhile but haven't had the chance to so I jumped at it. I went really early so I could practice. What I should have done was check the volume so that when it came to the congregation singing they would be able to hear the organ...but I was just focused on practicing. So when the opening song came and I started playing I realized it was way too quiet, but I didn't know how to make it louder. The presets that I used were really soft and I didn't know which buttons to push to make it louder. It's been five and a half years since I last played the organ and this organ is different from the one that I did play. But by the last song I pushed one button and BINGO...it was louder! So next time I'll know. But it was fun playing the organ again!!!!

2 comments:

Dione said...

Oh do I have some organ playing disasters! But they make really great stories to look back on and laugh! I love the quilt! Good job!

Connie said...

It was cool seeing you play the organ- you did a great job! Of course, we were on the front row, so I could hear it fine! And your quilt is fabulous! Are you going to come to the sewing Enrichment at Melanie Reeves'? Maybe we could go together.

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin