01 April 2009

I'm officially back

Being without internet for a couple of days was kind of nice...although a part of me felt a little lost..but I'm over it. Do we even know what we would do without all the technology that we rely so heavily on lately? What did we do before cell phones? What did we do without email? What did we do without blogs, Facebook, etc? But I'm glad to be back.

The new laptop is working out really good so far...true all I've done is do stuff on the internet. The screen is a lot better...the internet is running better.

Today is April Fools if you didn't already know. I was convinced that I would not be tricked this year (does this sound familiar?? if not, check out my blog entry last year for April Fools...I would link it but I have NO idea how to do that...hint hint...someone help me). I was already pretty certain that KTAR, our local talk radio station that I listen to most of the time, would do an April's Fool joke. Last year they tried to convince us that the State of Arizona was going to start toll roads. They got me good last year. So I was not going to be fooled this year. This morning on my way to work I knew right away what their joke was this year...they announced that the mayor of Phoenix was going to use $250 million of the stimulus money to install speed cameras in residential neighborhoods in Phoenix. As I was listening to the show they did a clip of a preview from the 8:30 show and the talk show host sounded livid about the speed camera thing. Then when I got in my car to go home I listened to the station again. They were taking calls from listeners about their reaction to the speed cameras. This one lady called in and she was REALLY upset..and of course the hosts were egging her one. Finally at the climax of her anger they finally revealed that it was an April's Fool joke. It was so funny to listen to it!! They fooled a lot of people. Man...I'm glad I remember about last year!! (By the way...I was almost fooled today when I read a friend of mine's blog that showed a pregnancy test...I almost believed her...)

Kevin has been very productive. I'll have to post pictures of what he's done later (once I figure out what program we're going to use on this laptop for pictures). Yesterday he put away all the bills and misc paper that we had stacked on our desk...which was A LOT!!! And he cleaned out our garage so that we can actually put our cars in it again (which it's been awhile since we've been able to park in there). Oh, and he started to clean out the closet in the office... so that was awesome to come home to!

I can't think of much else to write. I'll definately be posting pictures later! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Connie said...

That's a good one about the cameras. My sister pulls the best pranks for April Fool's, so I'm dying to find out what she did!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin