19 April 2009

In Loving Memory of Siam

Siam
April 1, 1993-April 17, 2009
Loving cat, Loving friend
I was hoping that I would be able to post a picture of our dear Siam, but I have been unable to locate one. Siam is one of my parent's cats. We brought her home with her sister Snowball almost sixteen years ago. They were six weeks old then. She looked a lot like a Siamese, but was not entirely one... She definately didn't have the hyperactivity that most Siamese cats have. Right away she took more to my brother, John, and she became his faithful companion and friend. She was always a sweet kitty. She didn't like the process of being picked up but once she was held she liked it. She loved tuna juice...all you would have to say is "Tuna" and she would come running in the kitchen hoping for some tuna juice. She sat on the pile of newpapers on the counter. But she spent most of her time in John's room, laying on his bed.
This week I found out that Siam wasn't doing too good. She wasn't eating, she would drink some water, she became really skinny, really weak, she couldn't even make it to the litter box. We knew she didn't have that much time left. It broke my heart...especially because I was worried about how John would handle it. Friday morning she left our world and is no longer in pain. We will miss her and it won't be the same when I visit my parents. We had a wonderful sixteen years with her. We were very lucky to have her.
We love you Siam and will dearly miss you!!

5 comments:

Sally said...

I am very sorry.... I know how tough it is to lose a pet when they have become family members.

Dione said...

I'm so sorry. Sixteen years is a long time! How is John coping? When I was about 16 years old we had To put our 2 dogs to sleep. They had been with us for 16 & 8 years. I remember crawling into my mom's bed that night and just sobbing. It's so hard.

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

John seems to be handling it pretty well. I just got off the phone with my mom. She said that he's already showing interest in one their outside cat...in the hopes to turn it into an inside cat. So that's a good sign.

Me said...

I just sent u an updated pic of Siam before she started going down hill. It's very sad and I'm spending more time with Snowball bc it just reminds me that soon it will be her time. :(

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Don't even say it...I don't think I could lose another member of the family!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin