05 April 2009
I won't be running anytime soon
So I have always wanted to run a marathon...it just seems like something challenging to do. Problem is I can't run very far before my chest feels likes someone has punched it and I have to lay down or I'm going to die. Okay that was a little dramatic, but that's what happened today. We were at the park with our neighbors. Their two oldest were running, and I thought it would be fun to race them...I was okay when I raced their daughter (of course...she won). Then I went to race their son. Well, first off as we were running down the hill, I bit it and found myself on the ground. I picked myself up and we tried again. We started running. I almost made it to the halfway point when I had to stop running and I started walking. But as I was heading back my chest seriously hurt...I didn't make it back all the way before I had to lay down. And my sweet Kevin saw what was going on so he came to my rescue (he's my prince in shining armor). It took awhile for me to recover, and even when we were walking home I felt like I was going to throw up. So I guess I won't be running a marathon anytime soon... But it was worth it...I had fun with the kids...
Quote of the Week
"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
1 comment:
That's not normal missy-tell ur doc!
Post a Comment