12 December 2008

A Plane Ride, A Bus Ride, A Ticket, and Lunch! (all in one day!)

So this morning I flew to LA to be with my sister. We got to the airport a little earlier than we thought we would so I had about two and a half hours to kill before my plane left. I went to a book store in the airport and bought a book to occupy the time. When it was time to board the plane I obediently got in line and boarded the plane in an orderly fashion. The flight was really good...NO turbulence and it went by so quick! Got off the plane and found my parents waiting for me downstairs.

Came home (aka parent's house) and got in Mom's Jeep and we headed to the park and ride to take the Metro Rail to downtown LA so we could eat lunch with my sister. I was very impressed with the Metro Rail (for those that live in Phoenix the Metro Rail is what the Light Rail is going to be). We transferred to the right bus and made in Downtown no problem.

As we got out of the train station I was on the phone with my sister letting her know where were here. We were getting to the corner. The red hand was flashing but it wasn't solid yet so we decided to cross the street. As I got off the phone I heard a male voice trying to get our attention. I turn my head and I see a cop. He asked us to come over. He asked to see our IDs. He told us that we weren't supposed to cross the street when the red hand flashes, so he wrote us both a citation! Have you ever heard of that?! While we were waiting for him to finish writing the tickets my sister found us...she told us she forgot to warn us. Oh well...so anyone who ever goes to the intersection of 7th St and Figueroa in Downtown LA beware!!! Do not cross unless there is a green man!

So after that ordeal we went to lunch with my sister. It was good to see her. When we were done with lunch we said good bye and got back on the bus and headed back to Whittier.

Whew! I'm tired!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin