10 March 2008

Trials...

Right now I was doing my scripture study of the day, when I came across two scriptures that really stuck out to me. This year I have had my own set of trials. But I have learned so much and have grown so much from them that I can't be upset about them. But as I came across these two scriptures I just wanted to share them with y'all in case you are ever having a hard time and you need something to bring you comfort.

2 Corinthians 4:8 - "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair.:

2 Corinthians 4:17 - "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;"

So next time you're finding yourself feeling down or weighed upon, think of these two scriptures and it will put everything in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin