17 March 2008

I finally went to Enrichment Night

So I've been in this ward for nine months now and I finally went to my first Enrichment Night last Thursday! They were celebrating the Relief Society birthday by doing a service auction. Lately I have been wanting to be more social; I've wanted to get to know more people in the ward. So on Sunday I was seriously thinking of going, but I didn't want to sign up on the list just in case something came up and I wouldn't be able to go or I chickened out of going at the last minute. Well the enrichment leader came into our nursery class and told me specifically about it and told me she would call me this week to see what service I would be offering. Then Monday night I recieved a call from someone asking me to play the piano for a special musical number at enrichment. Then five minutes later the enrichment leader called to ask me what I was going to offer. Then the next day someone dropped off a flyer to enrichment...so it was a sign that I needed to go to Enrichment. So Thursday came...and I went!!! And I actually knew some people so that I could sit with them! And I had soo much fun!! So much fun that I've decided that I'm going to go to more of them! And that's big for me! I'm very proud of myself!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin