22 February 2008

Tylenol...works wonders!!!

Hey there everyone. So this week I've been feeling under the weather (different from what I was going through last week). When I'm sick I just keep working on right through it, not really stopping to take care of myself. Well, Wednesday I was feeling pretty cruddy. I had a temperature of 101.7. Kevin wanted to take me to Urgent Care but they were closed. He then wanted to take me to the ER, but I didn't think I was sick enough to warrant a visit there. So I tried to make an appointment with my doctor for Thursday, but they weren't open after work. Thursday morning I was still feeling pretty lousy. Thursday afternoon I was finally feeling a little better. Well when I got home from work I started feeling horrible again. I was sooo cold that I had two pairs of pajama bottoms, a long-sleeve shirt, a sweater, and a sweatshirt on, plus I was wrapped up in our down comforter with another comforter on top...and I was still cold. So when Kevin got home I took my temperature. It was 102.7. He had me take it again a couple of minutes later and it rose to 102.9, so he said we had to go to the ER. So when I finally saw a doctor he told me to take Tylenol and Motrin to bring the fever down, and he gave me a prescription for an antibiotic (my favorite thing in the world by the way....lol). While I was waiting to be discharged the nurse brought me in some Tylenol. Wow!!! Was I impressed!! It worked like a charm right away. Right away I could feel my fever lower. I took off my sweatshirt...and I was sweating!!!!!! So it turns out that I have an upper respiratory infection and acute bronchitis...fun I know!!! But next time I have a fever I am going to take Tylenol right away!!!! It worked like a charm!!!!

But unfortunately I had to stay home from work today... :( Which I hate because I really need to be at work, but Kevin said I had to stay home. So hopefully I will get over this quickly. Yuck!!!! I hate being sick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin