So I've been wanting to post something, but I've been having a hard time figuring out what I've wanted to say. There is so much going on right now in my life that I have a lot to say, but with this being online public to almost anyone I don't know what all I can say.
I've been learning things about myself this last month that I've known but that I haven't wanted to admit. One thing is that I have a high expectation of others. I expect everyone to think the same way as I do, to work the same way as I do, etc. And I have a hard time realizing that other people aren't like me. At work that has come up recently and has cost my friendship with a co-worker of mine and has ultimately probably led her to quit...I'm not the whole reason...I've just been a little hard to work around lately. Lately I've been typing my mission journal and I saw that I did this too with some of my companions. So it's led me to do some thinking about how I treat people and how to accept other people. Now that I'm aware of just how much I'm doing this I can try to stop.
I've also learned that the more you try to turn your life around spiritually the more that Satan tries to work on you. This year I made a resolution to try and read my scriptures on a daily basis. January I had a really hard month with stuff at work and at home. I was wondering why I was having such a hard time. And I realized that it's because I'm trying to be more spiritual and Satan is just trying to deter me from the path I'm trying to take.
Along with trying to read scriptures daily I have wanted to have a more peaceful home. And the more I try to have this, the harder it is. Satan is really trying to get me off the path that I am on. He'll try in any way. But I'm fighting. I'm fighting for what I know is right.
I've been so stressed with work and home that I've gotten myself sick. Not fun!! So I'm trying to find ways to destress my life, but I only have so much control. And that's my problem. I want to be in control of everything. I need to surrender control and put my life in the hands of the Lord.
So I guess that will do for right now. I got out what I wanted to get out.
No comments:
Post a Comment