18 February 2008

My Valentine's Day



So this year we had a good Valentine's Day!! Our past experience with Valentine's Day hasn't been too positive, but Kevin finally came around and boy did I get spoiled this year!! He outdid me for sure!!!!! So a week before Valentine's Day I was in the little shop that is downstairs at work. I saw the above pillow. After looking at it for three days I decided to buy it for Kevin for Valentine's Day because it says exactly what I feels (and it's cute)...but I know...it's totally cheesy. The day I bought it I told Kevin that I had bought his present to give him the hint that Valentine's Day was coming and that I was expecting something this year... :)

We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day the following Saturday because Kevin gets home so late and I didn't want to face the crowds. So on Thursday night around seven I was at home with Kevin's mom. I was just about to think about getting dinner ready. Kevin wouldn't be home for another forty-five minutes or so. So we're sitting watching TV. I heard something at the door. I thought it was just one of our cats wanting out or in, so I was getting up to see what was going on. Then Kevin opened the door with a bouquet of roses. Boy was I surprised!! He was home early!!! So he comes into the kitchen and gives me the roses. Then he said that he has developed a growth. I looked at him closer and saw he had something hiding in his shirt. Well, he pulled out two sweaters that he had bought. He knows me so well!!! But I was soooo glad that he was able to come home early!!

So Saturday we were able to spend all day with each other. I had taken Friday off so I could get all of our chores taken care of. So we walked around at the mall. We attended our ward temple night and after went to dinner with five other couples from the ward. It was great!! Anytime that I get to spend time with Kevin is great. So this year Kevin finally made up for the last couple of years that hasn't been so great! :) :) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the two of you had a good valentines day. Now maybe Kevin can pass some hints onto Jon. :P

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin