27 April 2010

A beautiful sound

So when I got home from work tonight I went into our room to change. That's where we've had Joey the last three weeks - most of the time he's just in the bathroom but some days we let him have the bedroom as well. Well as I walk in Joey starts meowing at me. Not a loud meow. Just a little tiny squack...and he was rubbing up against my legs. I looked over...he had food and water so I knew it wasn't that. I went and cleaned out his litter box and he was still squacking. I went to throw the trash away and came back in and he was continued to squack. Now mind you...he hasn't been very vocal at all in a long time...so to hear him squacking was literally music to my ears. I then figured out that he wanted tuna. We've been giving him a little bit of tuna each day in the hope that will help him gain some weight. So I went and got a can and brought it in. Sure enough...that's what he wanted. He went to town. When he was done eating (he only eats a little bit at a time) he came over to the edge of my bed. I patted the bed motioning for him to come. It took a minute or so BUT he jumped up and is sitting next to me. That is HUGE!! So relieved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin