25 October 2008

A New Look

So for the last two weeks or so I've been thinking about cutting my hair. This last year I had been concentrating on growing my hair out to how long it was when I got home from my mission. But lately my hair has been so blah. When I leave it down it looks flat and unexciting. So I was putting my hair up more than usual. But that seemed boring. Last weekend I pulled out a box of pictures from high school and college. Looking at those pictures made me remember that I really liked my hair at a shorter length. So I started toying with the idea of cutting it short again. Friday I started leaning towards leaving it long again, but I wasn't too sure.


So this morning Kevin and I were getting ready to leave to run our errands. I was transferring my wallet into my "weekend" purse when Kevin looked at me and just started laughing. I was like "What?" He just kept on laughing. He wouldn't tell me what was wrong. He got up and got the camera. I asked him what was going on. He told me that my hair was standing straight up. That was the last straw with this hair. I decided then and there it needed to be cut.


So before we went to get our groceries I asked Kevin to drive to Super Cuts. On the way there I thought of doing something a little different. I had planned on just cutting it to all one length like normal. But we were watching one of those morning shows where they showed some make overs, and one of the hair cuts they did kept the hair in the front longer and shorter in the back, while angling the back to the front. I'm not sure if this is referred to as an "A" line cut or what. So on the way to Super Cuts I decided I wanted to try that.

Here's my staticy hair.

Here's my new look.
I decided to not have too dramatic of an angle. You can't really see it that well from the back.

This is probably the best shot of how it angles.


Another side picture.

So I like the cut. I'm trying to get used to how I look again with short hair. So we'll see what happens. I can still pull it back if I want to. So we'll see how this works out.

3 comments:

Kayleen said...

Sooo cute Cindy! I can't wait to see it tomorrow! Paige really wanted to come show you her dress, but we were on our way out. Maybe tomorrow. She said, after the music night last week, "Do you know who did the best music, Mom? It was Cindy." She was a little embarrassed to come tell you. You are an amazing flute player!

Connie said...

Sorry- I found your blog through Kayleen's. Hope you don't mind if I stalk :) I like the haircut a lot! I used to have an A-line. I know what you mean about putting it up every day. That's why I have to have short hair. I just can't deal with it! See you at church!

Sally said...

It is so cute! I love it... Love the static too. :-)

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin