28 June 2009

Playing catch up

This week I have been really busy...but I guess I don't have to tell you that since my lack of posts would tell that to you already. School kept me very busy this week. I spent much of my free time with my nose in my book...I was even getting up around 5 to study before work.

Well, the work paid off. I took my test last night and I got a 95.7% on it! Yea!!!!

This week will probably be another week of quiet blog as I have TWO chapters to read and do the lessons, etc.

Yesterday we woke up to bloody pawprints all over the house. After checking every paw to see who it was we found Buddy with a bloody front right paw. From the amount of blood we gather that he was clawing on my grandpa's arm chair and cut his paw on a nail or something, as the place he clawed had already been well loved by various cats. We didn't know what to do. We called an emergency clinic but found it would be $110 for the doctor to even see him. We tried calling out normal vet office to see if they would be open. They aren't open on Saturdays. We decided that we would just watch him and if it didn't stop bleeding or if his paw looked really bad we would take him in. Thankfully his paw did stop bleeding. But he is limping and sometimes only using three of his legs to walk. But it doesn't really keep him from doing his normal crazy things. He's been climbing up on the cabinets, sitting on the speaker (above picture taken last night). He hasn't been running around, but he doesn't seem like he's in too much distress. Poor Buddy!!
This week twice when I came home I found Kit Kat laying on our bed with our other cats. Some might not think this a big thing. But Kit Kat does not like our other cats, and our other cats don't like him. So seeing him laying on the bed with the others is big. I had to take a picture to document this progress.

Last night Kevin and I went to watch The Proposal. We both compromised. Kevin wanted to watch Transformers; I wanted to watch My Sister's Keeper. We decided to watch The Proposal. We had seen the previews when we watched Angels & Demons last month and thought it would be funny. The movie was hilarious!!!!! We laughed throughout the whole movie. There were two inappropriate scenes but other than that it was a great movie.
So that's the update for this week. Until next week...


1 comment:

Dione said...

Congrats on the excellent grade! You are going to make a wonderful nurse! I also love the color of your bedroom walls!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin