Today I had a day! Well, it's actually been a week! I don't even know where to begin. For some reason I was feeling so overwhelmed and stressed out - when I really shouldn't be. I know I have high expectations of myself and that I just need to give myself a break. I think it started on Tuesday. It was the last day of the month - which is crazy in of itself at work. All month I had been busily trying to issue all of my new business the day that I received it so that at the end of the month I wouldn't be scrambling to get it done. I was VERY diligent. I really tried hard. So anyway there were a number of files that I had to refer to my various underwriters and since my underwriters have been inandated with a ton of work, by Tuesday I still had 11 new business policies outstanding. New business policies are very tedious and time consuming so 11 might not sound like a lot, but it is...and especially when they are accounts that are referred to the underwriter because they are complex and difficult. So last week I started reminding my underwriters about my new business. Monday came...I was still waiting...I sent out another reminder. Tuesday came...lunch came...still nothing back. My boss asked me about my new business that was with the underwriters. I told her I've been trying to get them back...anyway...long story short...supervisors had to be involved to help get me my new business back. At 1pm I received four...and around 2:30 I received the remaining seven policies. Mind you I'm usually done with my new business by 2pm on closing...On Tuesday I finally finished issuing my new business at 5:15! See...I told you they took a long time! So by the time I went home I was worn out!
Then there is another aspect of my job that has been stressing me out...APPLICATIONS!!!! On every policy we have, we have to make sure that we have a fully completed, signed application. This usually requires a couple of requests for the application itself, and another request or two to get a corrected application. It can be very time consuming and very frustrating...which means that it usually get pushed aside. I've been pretty busy lately doing my renewals, endorsements, new business, and helping one of my co-workers with her renewals, endorsements, and new business that my applications have kind of fallen to the wayside. I hate it when I have to wait a month to review an application, but lately I haven't had too much time to focus on it...between requesting applications, and following up on requests for applications...reviewing the applications I receive can be put on the back burner. So since it's the beginning of the month and it's not as crazy as month-end I was hoping to be able to get to reviewing these applications. Yesterday afternoon I was able to request and follow up on my applications, but had no time to review any. So I decided that this morning I would work just on issuing renewals, and then in the afternoon I would just review applications. But by the time this morning came along I knew I needed to push out some renewals, so I decided that I would just work all day on renewals...and that tomorrow I would spend all day reviewing applications. But I was seriously having this inner tug of war in my head for what I should work on. I felt so torn... And then I started getting all these emails... I eventually just had to close my email so that I could focus on renewals. The last two hours of work today I was getting tired, and was feeling a little bit irritable. And it didn't help that some of my agents were being really impatient, some even rude, and it just got me so frustrated! I am trying to do the best job that I can. It got to me.
And then another thing that got me in a bad mood...here I am sitting in my cubicle swamped, and near me I see that there are a couple of people just sitting around talking...goofing off. Talk about frustrating!!!
And that's just work...
At home...this week we bought a new laptop because our other one pretty much died...and today Kevin had to take his car in because he was hearing a weird grinding noise when he turned right. Well, the bearing on his front right tire literally was about to give way, which then damaged the axle so they had to replace both axles...$700 later his car is back in running shape. And we're trying to refinance our mortgage to get a lower rate, and the guy we've been working with has been kind of a pain...
And Kevin's work schedule this week has had him working later than usual so I haven't seen much of him.
And I'm dealing with some personal issues that just seem to not want to go away.
I just feel like something is missing...and I don't know what. Does that make any sense? At times it doesn't seem like I can do anything about it. I have things that I want to get done, but 1) I'm either too tired to do it, or 2) I just plain can't get myself to do it. I just feel like I'm in a funk and I don't know how to shake it.
I want to get more involved with my ward, but by the time I get home at night I'm tired...so I don't go to enrichment night. I work, so I can't go to the temple trips with the Relief Society or go to the playgroups at the park (oh yeah...I need a kid to do that), or to go to the enrichments activities they have during the day. I've volunteered for various things, but because of my schedule I couldn't participate.
Can you tell I'm feeling just a little bit overwhelmed? Sorry if I've bored y'all to death. I really needed to get it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment