05 October 2010

Storm October 2010

So it rained last night...and the clouds stayed throughout the day. There were various downpours throughout the day. When I left work there were clouds...but it wasn't raining. It was really dark out east. So I go to school and go to the library before class starts. As I'm reading I hear this pounding on the roof. I look out the window and I see a good sized piece of hail in the windowsill. And it starts pounding. (First thought...awesome....second thought....my car - more later). Then the wind is super high...it was crazy.... And then it poured....and poured. I walked to class in the rain...and my feet and the bottom of my pants got wet from having to walk through an inch and a half of water on the concrete.

So after class I walk to my car...first thing I checked was if there was any damage to my car. My car was still wet and from what I could see I didn't see anything...so I was relieved.

I drive home and pull into the garage....and we discovered there were in fact dents on my hood, my roof, and the trunk. Fun! (not)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin