15 July 2010

Thirty?????

So today I turned the big THREE ZERO. How did this happen already? Twenty more years and I'll be over the hill. So to make things a little interesting for this post I'm going to do something a little different:

30 things I'm thankful for:
1. Being married to the most amazing man in the world.
2. Being able to be with this said amazing man for eternity
3. The scriptures
4. Prophets
5. The Spirit
6. The Gospel
7. Being healthy
8. Having a home
9. My kitties - all nine of them
10. Amazing mom who is always there
11. My family
12. My niece Kaitlyn
13. My job
14. Being able to play the flute and piano
15. Life
16. Trials
17. Memories
18. Being a Ricks Alumni
19. Being a returned missionary
20. My friends
21. The ability to change
22. The opportunity to learn
23. My testimony
24. The temple
25. The Atonement
26. Laughing
27. Nature
28. Food
29. Books
30. Yarn/fabric

Thirty things I've learned each year I've been alive
0. How to crawl
1. How to talk
2. How to get into everything
3. How to pee on a potty
4. How to play in preschool
5. How to break my collar bone
6. How to write
7. How to spell
8. How to become a member of the Church
9. That third grade the second time around is really fun
10. That even though I looked like a boy I still played with my dolls
11. Primary was getting boring
12. Learned to play the piano and the flute
13. German is not my language
14. Being the tallest girl in my grade is not always fun
15. Boys can break your heart
16. Band is life
17. Biology wasn't my thing
18. Ready to move out
19. Learned to let things go
20. Believe in myself
21. Missionary work
22. Love people, serve people
23. Married life is great
24. Having two jobs is not so great
25. Working is fun
26. We have to do what is good for us
27. Deal with mother in law
28. Money is not everything
29. Change is good
30. Turning thirty really isn't that bad

Here's to another thirty years of growth!!!!!

1 comment:

stephanie itri said...

What a great post, nice to look back and see what you learned. I dreaded thirty but its all in how you look at it, I agree I dont think its that bad if you have a full life!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin