12 June 2010

Trying to thicken my skin.

I've always been a sensitive person. I always want people to like me. So I've been trying to adjust to my new position at work. I audit files. I critique the work of my co-workers. This does not make me the most popular person on my floor. So for two days after my boss hands out my audits I just want to find a hole and hide. There are some of my co-workers who understand why I am auditing files...they take my audits with stride. But there are some other co-workers (okay - mainly one) that doesn't take it as well. This week I had to deal with such. I'm really trying to not take it personal. I know that I'm just doing my job. But I'm still who I am. So I'm just trying to learn how to not let them get to me. There is a reason why I was offered this position. My boss has faith in me. She knows that I can do it. I just need to stand strong. I need to not let others opinions of me sway who I am or the decisions I make - not that I would audit their files any differently. It's hard to describe.

As I was going through this at work this week during lunch I read from the scriptures. That made such a difference. It helped calm me down and help me to remember the real reason that I'm here on earth. It's so much beyond reviewing files and dealing with people with anger issues. I am here to learn how to become more like my Heavenly Father and if that means learning to love them as He does than it will only make me stronger and help me to see them as He sees them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin