Last night I had a rare opportunity. Usually Kevin and I are glued to the hip whenever we're not at work. But Kevin's friend, Dan, invited him to go watch a UFC fight with some of his friends, and me being the good wife that I am let him go. I on the other hand did not know what I was going to do. I knew that I didn't want to be home...didn't really want to deal with Kevin's mom for the night... I had thought about calling a friend and seeing if I could hang out with her, but I never picked up the phone. So it seemed that I would just stay home and work on that quilt. Well, my plans soon changed after we had another "incident" with Kevin's mom and I was too upset to deal with her. I told Kevin I was going out (this was like five minutes before he was going to go with Dan) and to call me when he was done dealing with his mom. So I got in my car and wondered where I would go. I decided that I wanted to go to the temple to walk around and maybe read from The Book of Mormon to calm me down, and then I'd catch a movie at the $2 theater. So I drive to the temple. I walk to a bench by the visitor's center and pull out my Book of Mormon. I read a chapter and realize that it's too hot to really sit out there. I got up and was going to walk into the visitor's center to read there, but then I just decided to drive to the theater. I didn't know what movies were playing and when. I knew Speed Racer was there and I kind of wanted to see that because it was rated PG and looked interesting. (After watching The Dark Knight I'm a little leary of movies.) But when I got there I saw that the last showing of Speed Racer was like at 3:30...it's was 7pm...so I looked at what else was available. I saw that What Happens in Vegas was playing. When the movie first came out I thought it looked funny...although I knew that I wouldn't be able to get Kevin to go with me to see it. So I decided to watch that. Hey for $2 what can you lose? I enjoyed it. Sure there were a couple of inappropriate parts, but it was funny (I actually was laughing out loud which I don't normally do in a movie theater because I don't want to bother anyone) and it had a good story. So I enjoyed myself. When the movie was over I walked into Borders and bought myself a book. Then I drove home. Kevin wasn't home yet and I didn't really want to be there so I put on my workout clothes and I went out for a run/walk around my neighborhood. That felt really good!! When I was done with that I came home and sat on the couch and played on the computer until Kevin came home. Both of us managed to not eat dinner so we drove to Del Taco (at 11pm) and picked up some dinner. We came home and watched a little bit of the Men's USA Volleyball playing Venezuela or something like that...and then we decided to call it a night...good thing with church being at 8am the next morning!
So we had a good night (minus the "incident")...what next?
No comments:
Post a Comment