25 May 2008
Nursery
I just have one question: Can I be in nursery all the time? I love being in nursery sooo much!!! Our kids are the sweetest things in the planet!!! Although at times I get frustrated but I really love being with them every week. Today was no exception. We had eight today. They behaved pretty good for the most part. But it was great to see one of the kids who has been really shy come out of his shell and play with the other kids...and run around. We've been wanting to see him do that for a month now. They have their moments when they don't want to share toys but they really love each other. One of their favorite things to do is to do Ring Around the Rosy...so we spend time playing that...but they always fall down before they're supposed to but that's their favorite part!!! One of the mom's provides the snacks because her daughter has food allergies. She came over this week to drop some off because she's going to have a baby any day so she wanted to make sure we had enough snacks. When she came over she told us that she hopes we know how much her daughter loves nursery. During Sacrament Meeting it is all she talks about. And in the past when we've had to take this little girl to her parents for a diaper change she begs them to take her back to nursery...something some of our other kids don't beg for. It's been really fun watching all of our kids grow up. Now a lot more of them are being potty trained so whenever they say they have to go to the bathroom I have to drop what I'm doing and take them to their parents...but they tend to copy each other and say they have to go to the bathroom when they really don't...they just want an excuse to see their mom or dad. I'm getting better with distinguishing between these situations. But we love our kids! Each of them bring a smile to our face and we really do look forward to Sundays!!! I even find myself counting down the minutes in Sacrament Meeting. Pathetic I know...but when you don't have any kids of your own, you'll take what you can get! And if two hours a week is what we get than I will take advantage of it to the best of my ability!!!
Quote of the Week
"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
No comments:
Post a Comment